Our entire team is specially trained in caring for nervous patients and we have successfully treated many very nervous patients over the years, transforming their smiles and the health of their mouths, whilst reducing significantly the anxiety they feel in relation to their dental treatment.
Ways we help you relax:
- We create a calm and relaxing environment
- We have a team of lovely people who care about you!
- You will never feel rushed
- We will always wait for the anaesthetic to start working 100% before starting the treatment
- We let you be in control during treatment. You are always given ways to let us know if you need a break to rinse or want us to stop for any reason including just taking a break! We are used to this and do not make you feel uncomfortable if you did stop us midway treatment!
- You have the music of your choice in the back ground..we have even had ZZ Top playing during fillings and extractions! We normally have very calming and relaxing background music
- We have a TV mounted on the ceiling for you to watch with headphones during your treatment. We find that this reduces anxiety immensely! You get something else to concentrate on and you don’t hear the drill!
- We have relaxation techniques including breathing exercises to help you calm your self before and during your treatment.
- We have sedation options should you require them.
- We take time to understand the root cause of your anxiety
- We gradually build a bond of trust between us and your self
- We will give you the opportunity to get to know our team
- You are reassured that our training and skills can deliver your treatment to an exceptional level- pain free and unrushed
- Whatever the treatment, we ensure that it is delivered in a way that our patients are comfortable.
There are very few people who feel completely relaxed when visiting the dentist. Some people may feel a little anxious, some may be frightened while others may be so afraid that they visit the dentist only when the pain in their teeth is severe. Fear of dentistry can turn into a vicious cycle as people avoid attending for routine check-ups, therefore, allowing dental problems to develop until the point when they are in desperate pain. We will help you to get good routines to avoid filling and drilling.
I had a bad experience as a child what is it like now?
Dental techniques have improved so much over the last few years that modern dental treatment can now be completely painless. If you have not been to see a dentist for some time, you will probably find that things have improved a lot since your last visit. The general attitude is likely to be more relaxed, the dental techniques and safety procedures will be much better and the equipment more up-to-date.